Friday, July 8, 2011

Friends...

I am a damn good friend. Yes, that sounds concieted, but truer words were never uttered. I am loyal to a fault, always there to help in a bind, and do everything I can to make life fun for the rest of us. Lately however, it seems like "friend" has lost its reciprocal meaning. To be a friend means to be there for someone, unconditionally. To go the extra mile to support them in whatever their paths may be. To make the EFFORT! This is the crucial point... I no longer feel like friends make the effort to be friends. They don't prioritize their friendships in any capacity. Now I may not have children, I may not be married, but I am an adult as well and realize that things change with time. People change. Friendships change. But this is no excuse for letting friendships that are so deep rooted that we once considered each other family fall by the way side.

So here is the deal. I am done with bitching about this and now am accepting this as fact. A sad fact, but a fact none the less. Friendships are maily self-sufficient, just every now and then requiring a little nurturing. So put in the effort people, because when the last person stops... there will be nothing left, and what a sad day that will be.

PS... this is not a reflection on any person in particular. I am fortunate enough to have some great friends. But the ones that are always there unconditionally... I can count them on one hand.

1 comment:

  1. Well u already know how I feel about u..... and thats that I love u!!!! U really r the best friend anyone could ever ask for. U do so much and expect nothing in return. Well its about damn time people return the favor :) I will work harder at being available more now that I am down here. I love u unconditionally bestie!!!!

    ReplyDelete