Sunday, January 8, 2017

Things that Normal People Would Love at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show

Hi All-

So it is that time of year again, where the masses converge in the great city of Las Vegas, NV to completely nerd out about the newest developments in gadgetry.

When my mom was alive, we would forgo the masses (leaving that to the men) and prefer to shop instead. Since that route has seemingly lost a little bit of it's luster to me, I thought I would make my great return to the convention floor (after all I did meet Derek Jeter there- See below) and see what I could find that would be scintillating to the minds of Average Joe's like us, rather than the tech elite. Here is what I found:


I found this fabulous picture of Jeter and I... but moving on...


DIVERGENT 3D- THE 3D PRINTED CAR



The Frame

The Motorcycle

The Finished Product


Components

So here is the deal folks... this is the thing that literally blew my mind. 3D printed car and motorcycle....and not only does it exist... it looks bad ass! Now Divergent, the company responsible for such marvels has a litany of reasons why 3D printed vehicles are the future. They are cheaper, they are more environmentally friendly, yada, yada. However the question that jumps out at me is how safe are they? This was not a question that could be answered at the booth, so for now, this will just remain a jaw dropping example of how far 3D printing has come from the fork.

THE WINE POURER:



So not only did I see this product and bring it to your attention, I also found where you can buy it and for how much. Did you ever wish that you had your own wine bar at your house? Well here is your chance! This Vinaera wine pourer aerates and measures... and best yet, it is completely electronic...all you have to do is press a button. Mind blown.

THE MAN WALKING THE ROBOT:


Yep folks... there you have it. A man, walking his robot. I did not get close enough to get the details on this phenomenon, because obviously this guy was swarmed everywhere he went... but I have to tell you... this robot was adorable. Like get puppy/kitty cute. Makes me want to get one and walk it around the convention myself. 

Obviously this is not something we can all have, but for my list, I think it is something that we all deserved to see. 

THE PET CUBE:



So you know if there is a puppy (all dogs are puppies, FYI) at a booth I am there. That is what brought me to the Pet Cube booth. Pet Cube is a camera system for you to keep an eye on your bet when you are away from them, but what is even more, it keeps them entertained. There is a treat dispensing one that allows you to toss a treat to your pet from your phone at work! What?? Archer would love this. And for the cat lover, there is a version that has a little laser pointer that moves around, keeping your pet entertained for hours! As a pet lover, these are the gadgets I live for. I know there is more of me out there. Admit it, you love it too.


THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF CES:


So this year CES celebrated its 50th Anniversary. Can you imagine what you would have seen unfold before your eyes if you had been to 50 CES'. There was exactly one many in attendance who has been to each one, which is absolutely amazing. 

To celebrate, the show added colored ribbons to your badge to illustrate just how long you have been attending these shows, and thus just how old you are. I was "borrowing" my dad's badge, which made me a 20+ year attendee. That's insane. Of course people kept commenting on how well  I have been aging if I have been coming to CES for 20+ years, but on a real note... good for you Dad!

Also, George warrants his own shout out, for being a 10+ year attendee.

CES... EXHAUSTING





Let's face it people. CES is exhausting. There are hundreds of thousands of people, milling about buildings upon buildings of goodies. By the close of the show, only having attended one day, we are exhausted. For you people who go multiple days I say to you, it is a marathon, not a race. Save your strength. In order to process all the potentially life changing technologies you are about to see, you are going to need it.



No comments:

Post a Comment